martes, 19 de mayo de 2020

ENGLISH


VERBS FOLLOWED BY INFINITIVE / -ING FORM

 If a verb is followed by another verb, the second verb is either in the   -ing or the infinitive, with or without TO.

Sorry, there isn’t a rule. You have to learn which verbs go with which pattern.



VERBS FOLLOWEB BY - ING
ADMIT
CONSIDER
DETEST
ENJOY
CAN´T HELP
FINNISH
SUGGEST
My sister admitted lying her boss.
They consider travelling by plane.
I detest watching scary movies.
He enjoyed playing football with them.
You can´t help cooking right now.
I´ve almost finished doing my homework.
Jack suggested going to the cinema tonight.


VERBS FOLLOWED BY TO + INFINITIVE
AGREE
ASK
EXPECT
HAPPEN
HOPE
INTEND
PROMISE
PERSUADE
REFUSE
WOULD LIKE
I agree to buy these tickets.
He´s asked them to play a football match.
She expected to pass the test.
happen to see Bob at least once a week.
I hope to do it well.
You intended to sell your books.
She promised to take me there.
I´ve persuaded my cousin to come shopping with me.
We refuse to accept your offer
d like to go home quite soon.



VERBS FOLLOWED BY INFINITIVE WITHOUT TO

LET
MAKE
My parents don´t let me stay out late.
My mum made me do my homework.


VERBS FOLLOWED BY EITHER FOR WITH NO DIFFERENCE IN MEANING

(Ya sea con –ing o en infinitivo da igual, se pueden usar las dos formas y no cambia su significado)

BEGIN
CONTINUE
LIKE
LOVE
PREFER
START
I like reading at breakfast = I like to read at breakfast.

She continued studying = She continued to study.


SOME VERBS CHANGE THEIR MEANING DEPENDINGD ON IF THEY ARE FOLLOWED BY – ING OR TO
REMEMBER
FORGET
STOP
TRY
He remembered to do his homework
 ( He did his homework, he didn´t forget) acordarse de
She remembered meeting him years before (She had to memory of meeting him) recordar


Video con más ejemplos:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaXNVF7W2Aw


Os dejo también este cuadro en el drive por si queréis descargarlo o imprimirlo:


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIAActnKJhl4SRmVl0G9vUejJR97WuJ3/view?usp=sharing



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario